- Latest News LIVE: Rains wreak havoc across India, red alert in Karnataka
- Top headlines: Q1 earnings shrink, telcos await SC verdict on AGR and more
- Lost generation: Covid-19 pushes millions of kids out of school, into work
- After MEA's remarks, India dismisses controversy over Buddha's birthplace
- Delhi to Mumbai, police scramble to save man's 'suicide on Facebook'
- Defence minister Rajnath singh to launch 'Atmanirbhar Bharat Saptah' today
- Covid-19: Mulayam Singh Yadav's health condition improving, says doctor
- Kozhikode plane crash: 14 passengers critical, says Malappuram collector
- Draft EIA notification 'dangerous', 'disaster'; protest against it: Rahul
- Niti Aayog working to champion cause of women entrepreneurship: Kant
Latest news LIVE: UN offers help to India in dealing with Assam floods
Stay tuned with Business Standard for the latest news of the day
Assam Chief Minsiter Sarbananda Sonowal visits Bagori range flood-hit Kaziranga National Park in Nagaonon
The Supreme Court on Monday said that several telcom companies, which have adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues of nearly Rs 39,000 crore, are currently under liquidation and it is essential for the court to go into bonafides of the decision to invoke insolvency.
The Rajasthan High Court will on Tuesday resume hearing the petition filed by Sachin Pilot and 18 other dissident Congress MLAs, challenging the disqualification notices issued to them by the assembly Speaker. The hearing remained inconclusive on Monday and Chief Justice Indrajit Mahanty said it will be concluded Tuesday. The order is also likely to be pronounced on Tuesday.
In another major development, IndiGo has decided to lay off 10 per cent of its workforce due to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, its CEO Ronojoy Dutta said on Monday.
"From where things stand currently, it is impossible for our company to fly through this economic storm without making some sacrifices, in order to sustain our business operations," Dutta said in a statement.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day