- PIL in Supreme Court seeks uniform law for succession and inheritance
- Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly from Sept 21; no Question Hour
- India extends $250 mn support to Maldives to overcome impact of Covid-19
- Global plastic production up from 300 MMT to 360 MMT in 5 years: Researcher
- Terrorists build underground bunkers in Shopian to escape Army's pursuit
- Sachin Pilot to campaign for Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly bypolls
- MHA calls meet to discuss key issues of Assam; Amit Shah to attend
- Rajya Sabha passes two farm bills amid ruckus by oppn MPs, farmer protests
- Virtual UNGA to see record participation of world leaders: Guterres
- Why is govt running away from giving legal responsibility for MSP?: Cong
Latest News LIVE: German hospital finds poison in Russian dissident
Stay tuned with Business Standard for all LIVE updates
Latest News LIVE: Sonia Gandhi will continue as interim president of Congress and the election of new party chief will take place as soon as possible, party leader KH Muniyappa said after a crucial meeting of Congress Working Committee (CWC) on Monday. The CWC also decided to convene the AICC (All India Congress Committee) session at the earliest possible time to start the process for selecting the new party president.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined a plea for directions to the Centre and the National Testing Agency (NTA) for setting up NEET exam centres abroad for the benefit of students in foreign countries in the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic.
Senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal on Monday withdrew his tweet hitting out at Rahul Gandhi and said the former party chief had informed him personally that he had never made the "colluding with the BJP" remark.
In another news, Lawyer Prashant Bhushan on Monday refused apologise to the Supreme Court for his two tweets about the judiciary saying what he expressed represented his "bonafide belief".
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day