- Limited OPD services to start at AIIMS Kalyani from Jan 2021: Exec Director
- UP students booked for sedition for allegedly raising anti-national slogans
- PM inaugurates India's first-ever driverless train on Delhi Metro Line
- From Covid-19 insurance to easier KYC norms: IRDAI's initiatives in 2020
- UP govt starts identifying child labourers, beggars for rehabilitation
- PM Modi, BJP leaders pay tributes to late Arun Jaitley on birth anniversary
- Gujarat in 2020: Year of migrants' march, hospital fires, lion's roar
- Extreme weather conditions cost India $10 billion, says UK charity
- HP capital Shimla, nearby destinations receive season's first snowfall
- PM Modi to flag off 100th Kisan Rail from Maharashtra to West Bengal today
LIVE: FASTag mandatory for all vehicles in India from Jan 1, says Gadkari
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news updates
FASTag useful for commuters as they will not need to stop at toll plazas for cash payments
The BCCI's governing body on Thursday ratified the entry of two new franchises in the IPL to make it a 10-team affair from 2022 during its Annual General Meeting (AGM). In another major development, the Board, in principle, decided to back the ICC's bid for inclusion of cricket, in the T20 format, in the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics "after getting some clarifications from the International Olympic Committee". Two new teams will be introduced in the 2022 IPL. Also, it was decided that all first-class players, both men and women, will be suitably compensated for the curtailed domestic season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a major action in the Kerala gold smuggling case, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) today attached fixed deposits (FDs) and cash to the tune of Rs 1.85 crore, a significant portion of which belong to M. Sivasankar, former Principal Secretary to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the centenary celebrations of Visva-Bharati University in Santiniketan, West Bengal, at today through video conferencing. The Governor of West Bengal and Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal also participated in the event.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day