- Farm laws: 16 oppn parties to boycott president's address to Parliament
- China opposes discriminatory actions by India against Chinese firms
- India-China ties 'profoundly disturbed' post Ladakh standoff: Jaishankar
- Schools, colleges reopen after a gap of ten months in Manipur
- Madhya Pradesh HC rejects stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui's bail plea
- Indu Bhushan to leave as Ayushman Bharat chief, R S Sharma to take over
- Delhi Police to issue look out circulars against farm leaders named in FIRs
- Rahul Gandhi slams Centre for 'ruining' economy, increasing unemployment
- Ajit Doval, US NSA discuss continuing close cooperation in Indo-Pacific
- India plans higher levy on some imported goods to boost local manufacturing
Latest News LIVE updates: Section 144 in Bengaluru from Dec 31 till Jan 1
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Live news updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday flagged off the 100th "Kisan Rail" from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal via video-conferencing. The multi-commodity train service will carry vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, drumstick, chilli and onion as well as fruits like grape, orange, pomegranate, banana and custard apple.
Earlier in the day, PM Modi also inaugurated India's first-ever driverless train operations on the Delhi Metro's Magenta Line (Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden). He also launched the fully operational National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) services on the Airport Express Line via video conferencing.
Meanwhile, the Finance Ministry has released the ninth weekly instalment of Rs 6,000 crore to the states to meet the GST compensation shortfall.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day