- Figments of imagination: India blasts Pakistan's charge on terrorism
- Mumbai's Siddhivinayak temple to allow 1,000 devotees beginning Nov 16
- Mumbai records lowest level of noise pollution in 15 years during Diwali
- Madhya Pradesh reports 870 fresh Covid-19 cases, seven additional deaths
- Firecrackers ban fails: Police blame delayed ban, opposition from people
- Many places in Haryana report air quality in 'severe' category
- Assam gas well fire fully put out after more than 5 months, says Oil India
- Plea in SC seeks life imprisonment for offences like bribery, tax evasion
- Kerala's Lord Ayyappa temple opens, devotees to be allowed from Nov 16
- Reorganisation of AP districts a ticklish job due to topographic disparity
Latest News LIVE: Arnab Goswami remanded to judicial custody till Nov 18
Republic TV channel has telecast visuals of Mumbai police entering Goswami's residence and what appears to be a scuffle. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Arnab Goswami. Photo: Screenshot
A fresh FIR was registered on Wednesday against Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting a woman police officer when a team reached his residence this morning to arrest him in a 2018 abetment to suicide case.
Earlier today, Goswami was arrested in the death case of interior designer Anvay Naik and his mother who died by suicide in Alibaug in May 2018. A suicide note, purportedly written by Naik, alleged that Goswami had not paid him his dues.
The Union Cabinet today gave approval to the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Communications Ministry and UK's Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) for cooperation in telecommunications, information and communication technologies (ICTs).
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.