- Kerala govt permits reopening of spas, ayurvedic resorts after months
- Bird Flu: 35 crows found dead in Delhi, samples collected for testing
- Over 100 Britain MPs, Lords write to Boris Johnson on farmers' protest
- Former Gujarat CM, Congress veteran Madhavsinh Solanki dies at 94
- Google Play Store suspends microblogging app Parler; Apple threatens ban
- Sonia Gandhi to hold meeting with Congress leaders on farmers' issue
- Mumbai witnesses worse air quality than Delhi, records AQI of 317
- Bird flu scare: Assam bans entry of poultry products from outside NE
- Maharashtra: Ten newborns die in hospital fire, govt orders inquiry
- Modi India Calling-2021: New book chronicling PM's foreign tours, released
LIVE: Modi to lay foundation stone for new Parliament building on Dec 10
Karnataka bandh live updates: Several pro-Kannada outfits have called for a bandh in the state today against the formation of the Maratha Development Authority.
Karnataka bandh live updates: The state wide bandh called by pro-Kannada groups in Karnataka on Saturday, opposing the government's decision to create a corporation for Maratha community here has had no major impact on normal life so far, other than sporadic protests and demonstrations by burning effigies.
Auto rickshaws, cabs, public transport buses and metro services are available as of now, also hotels and provision stores were open.
Though scarce, there is movement of vehicles on roads in various parts of the city and similar reports have come other parts of the state.
Activists of several Kannada organisations who are gathering near the city's Town Hall for staging demonstrations were detained and taken away by the police.
Protests have also been reported in Chamarajanagara, Bengaluru Rural, Gadag, Koppa, Hassan, Ramanagara, Chitradurga, Davangere, Bagalkote, Chikkamagaluru, Mandya among other districts so far.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day