- Britain adds India to travel 'red list' amid 103 new variant cases in UK
- Top headlines: HC orders lockdown in 5 UP cities; ACC Q4 net rises 74%
- Watch: Maharashtra pointsman saves life of boy who fell on railway tracks
- Jaishankar discusses bilateral ties, economic recovery with UAE counterpart
- One in two Indian adults fell prey to cybercrime in last 12 months: Report
- LIVE: PM to hold meetings with not more than 500 people in Bengal, says BJP
- IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria embarks on a 5-day visit to France
- Fire breaks out at Aircel Sanitizer Company in Maharashtra's Asangaon
- IBM engaged in research to arm computers with Indian languages
- Left wing extremism: What's the truth behind Congress' Naxal attacks claim?
LIVE: Traders declare Bharat Bandh as success, claim loss of Rs 1 trillion
The call for the bandh was given by the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT). Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
CAIT claimed that 'Bharay Vyapar Bandh' has caused a loss of about Rs 1 trillion | Photo: ANI
Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman in a virtual meeting today with CEO, NITI Aayog and Secretaries of 22 Infrastructure Ministries/Departments discussed post-budget action points for infrastructure roadmap ahead including NIP implementation.
Meanwhile, the day-long 'Bharat Vyapar Bandh' called by the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) evoked a lukewarm response with most shops and commercial establishments open through the day. The traders' body, however, claimed that shopkeepers supported its nationwide business shutdown call to protest against issues related to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and "unethical business practices of foreign e-commerce companies".
CAIT claimed that 'Bharay Vyapar Bandh' has caused a loss of about Rs 1 trillion.
After contracting for two quarters in a row, the Indian economy grew by 0.4 per cent in the October-December quarter amid coronavirus pandemic, official data showed on Friday. The gross domestic product (GDP) had expanded by 3.3 per cent in the corresponding period of 2019-20, according to the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO).
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.