- Disproportionate assets case: ACB begins open inquiry against Sachin Waze
- India's first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier will be commissioned next year
- Thousands of Indian youth face deportation in US, seek White House's help
- ED raids ex-Maharashtra HM Anil Deshmukh's premises in Nagpur, Mumbai
- Rajnath Singh to review progress of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier today
- Petrol, diesel prices remain unchanged a day after setting new records
- ED records statement of DCP Raju Bhujbal in Anil Deshmukh corruption case
- Complaint registered in UK against Mehul Choksi's lawyer Michael Polak
- Congress to launch 10-day nationwide protest against price rise
- 49% of over 5,000 projects for smart cities unfinished as deadline nears
Maharashtra LIVE: SC to hear Shiv Sena, allies' plea at 11.30 am today
BJP's Devendra Fadnavis sworn in for second term as CM, will have Ajit Pawar of NCP as deputy in early morning political move.
Maharashtra politics upended Saturday morning headlines when BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis was sworn is as Chief Minister for a second term, with Ajit Pawar as his deputy. Pawar’s Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) had on Friday night pledged support to a Shiv Sena-led alliance along with the Congress.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and NCP boss Sharad Pawar together held a press conference leader hours later to denounce the BJP. Sharad Pawar said the NCP would decide about Ajit Pawar, his nephew, hours later. The Congress party held a press conference separately to say the way the new government was "shameful".
Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP filed a plea in Supreme Court seeking a floor test within 24 hours to avoid horse-trading and "illegal manoeuvres". The SC will hear the petition at 11.30 am today.