- India a leader and key US ally in Afghanistan, says Antony Blinken
- Lok Sabha passes bill to amend insolvency law without debate
- CBI searches 8 cities over graft charge against Anil Deshmukh: Report
- Behaviour of opposition parties not good for democracy, says Govt
- India will continue to make vital contributions to Afghanistan: Blinken
- Kejriwal approves DoE proposal to take over management of private school
- IAF formally inducts Rafale into 101 Squadron of Eastern Air Command
- Top headlines: Pfizer raises sales forecast; Maruti misses estimates in Q1
- Finance Ministry invites entries for new DFI's name, tagline and logo
- Gujarat fuel pump owners threaten to stop sale and purchases from August 12
Maharashtra LIVE: SC to hear Shiv Sena, allies' plea at 11.30 am today
BJP's Devendra Fadnavis sworn in for second term as CM, will have Ajit Pawar of NCP as deputy in early morning political move.
Maharashtra politics upended Saturday morning headlines when BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis was sworn is as Chief Minister for a second term, with Ajit Pawar as his deputy. Pawar’s Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) had on Friday night pledged support to a Shiv Sena-led alliance along with the Congress.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and NCP boss Sharad Pawar together held a press conference leader hours later to denounce the BJP. Sharad Pawar said the NCP would decide about Ajit Pawar, his nephew, hours later. The Congress party held a press conference separately to say the way the new government was "shameful".
Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP filed a plea in Supreme Court seeking a floor test within 24 hours to avoid horse-trading and "illegal manoeuvres". The SC will hear the petition at 11.30 am today.