- Onion price soars to Rs 120 a kg in Odisha; Govt says relief in January
- India has asked countries to act against 'Kashmir cells' set up by Pak
- White-collar crime: Losses from frauds rise 80% from last year, says survey
- MoD to mobilize 50 lakh people on Dec 7 as part of Swachhta Pakhwada
- To reduce Delhi jams, Police signs MoU with World Resource Institute
- To boost economy, PMO focuses on 'construction sector', creating jobs
- Gujarat govt relaxes MVA provisions; makes helmets optional in city limits
- UP Police to develop Lucknow as 'safe city' for women with Nirbhaya Fund
- Commitee asked to compare JNU's revised fee with other central varsities
- Delhi eyes 25% green cover by 2025; officials say need land on Yamuna bank
Maharashtra LIVE: SC to hear Shiv Sena, allies' plea at 11.30 am today
BJP's Devendra Fadnavis sworn in for second term as CM, will have Ajit Pawar of NCP as deputy in early morning political move.
From left: Uddhav Thackeray, Sharad Pawar react at press conference | Photo: Kamlesh Pednekar
Maharashtra politics upended Saturday morning headlines when BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis was sworn is as Chief Minister for a second term, with Ajit Pawar as his deputy. Pawar’s Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) had on Friday night pledged support to a Shiv Sena-led alliance along with the Congress.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and NCP boss Sharad Pawar together held a press conference leader hours later to denounce the BJP. Sharad Pawar said the NCP would decide about Ajit Pawar, his nephew, hours later. The Congress party held a press conference separately to say the way the new government was "shameful".
Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP filed a plea in Supreme Court seeking a floor test within 24 hours to avoid horse-trading and "illegal manoeuvres". The SC will hear the petition at 11.30 am today.