At the India AI Impact Summit, Fadnavis said agriculture is not just an economic activity but a pillar of livelihood, social stability, and national security for countries of the Global South
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CMs Eknath Shinde and Sunetra Pawar paid tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his birth anniversary at the Shivneri Fort in Pune on Thursday. The Maratha warrior king was born in Shivneri, located in Junnar tehsil of Pune district, in 1630. Fadnavis and his deputies attended various programmes, including the 'cradle ceremony', symbolising the legendary king's birth and naming rituals, at Shivneri. A large number of followers of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj gathered at the fort to take part in his birth anniversary celebration. Earlier in the day, three persons were injured after being pushed at the fort amid overcrowding during the celebration, police said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said a thorough probe will be conducted into the metro rail slab collapse incident in Mulund in Mumbai on Saturday, which killed one person and left three others injured. The probe will cover aspects of safety, precautions during construction etc and action will be taken against those responsible for the incident, he said. A safety audit will be initiated immediately at all such sites so that incidents of this nature can be prevented, the chief minister said on the sidelines of an event here. One person died and three others were injured after a slab of the girder bridge of the under-construction metro rail line 4 collapsed on a few vehicles in Mumbai's Mulund area this afternoon, police and civic officials said. A slab of the parapet wall of the girder bridge fell near Johnson and Johnson factory on the arterial LBS Road some time after noon on an autorickshaw and a Skoda car, both of which were heavily damaged. Line 4 is an ...
Maharashtra signs ₹48,000-crore investment MoUs for Vidarbha, with Mahindra's ₹15,000-crore Nagpur plant anchoring the push to build an auto and steel hub
In the absence of his nephew, the responsibility of running the NCP estate may once again devolve on the patriarch, Sharad Pawar
Senior NCP leaders on Friday met Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis here, amid uncertainty over the party's future following the death of Deputy CM Ajit Pawar in a plane crash. The meeting at the CM's official residence Varsha in south Mumbai, which lasted nearly one and a half hours, was attended by senior NCP leaders, including Chhagan Bhujbal, national working president Praful Patel, state president Sunil Tatkare and former minister Dhananjay Munde, sources said. According to the sources in the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the leaders met Fadnavis to deliberate on the political situation in the state and the way forward for the party after Pawar's sudden demise. However, it was not immediately clear what transpired during the discussions, and there was no official statement from either side after the meeting. The NCP, which Pawar headed, the BJP and Shiv Sena are the constituents of the ruling Mahayuti alliance in the state. NCP minister Narhari Zirwal on Thursda
The project, in partnership with the Tata Group, will be completed in next six to eight months and is expected to attract an investment of over ₹1 lakh crore
When asked if there have been discussions about using nuclear energy in smaller clusters, Devendra Fadnavis said, We have basically taken the initiative in this regard
MMRDA signs $96 billion worth of MoUs at WEF 2026 Davos, boosting Mumbai 3.0 vision and reinforcing Maharashtra's push towards a $1 trillion economy
Maharashtra government on Monday signed 19 MoUs involving investment commitments worth Rs 14.5 lakh crore and over 15 lakh jobs on its first day here for the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting. Announcing details, the state said these MoUs are across sectors and underscore strong global confidence in Maharashtra's consumer markets, infrastructure readiness, and long-term growth fundamentals. Soon after inaugurating the state pavilion, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said the state is getting good response from investors and even the development of 'third Mumbai', being undertaken by his government, is seeing a lot of interest. Throughout the day, the chief minister held a series of business-to-government meetings with global giants such as Coca Cola, Antora Energy, Brookfield etc., operating across consumer goods, beverages, hospitality, logistics, urban development, green steel and digital infrastructure. He was joined by the Minister for Industries Uday Samant and senior
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has held wide-ranging talks with US Ambassador to India Sergio Gor on strengthening cooperation between the state and America, with a focus on boosting investments and expanding business ties. The discussions, held at the chief minister's official residence in Mumbai on Saturday, were also attended by Consul General Michael Schreuder, Fadnavis said in a post on X. The two sides explored opportunities to enhance US investments in Maharashtra and support state-based companies looking to expand their presence in the US, he said. The CM said he also briefed the US delegation on the state's flagship and strategic initiatives, including the Navi Mumbai International Education City. "Both sides agreed to work more closely to deepen US-Maharashtra partnership," he added.
BJP-led Mahayuti swept Maharashtra's civic polls, winning most municipal corporations and ending the Thackeray family's 30-year control of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday appealed to the people to turn out in large numbers to vote in the civic polls, saying widespread participation was key to building better cities. Speaking to reporters after exercising his franchise in the Nagpur Municipal Corporation polls, Fadnavis said not voting amounts to a dereliction of responsibility. Voting was underway on Thursday for 29 municipal corporations in the state, including Mumbai and Nagpur. "I appeal to everyone to come out and vote to create better cities," he said. Fadnavis slammed the Opposition for casting doubts on institutions like the State Election Commission. "They should write a new script and stop practising what they will speak tomorrow after defeat. Our win is sure in all the 29 corporations," the senior BJP leader said. Fadnavis also said that the Opposition's criticism of the Printing Auxiliary Display (PAD) units during the civic elections was unnecessary, and asserted that the machine
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday said his government will not release the January instalment under the 'Ladki Bahin Yojana' for eligible women in advance in compliance with a directive from the State Election Commission (SEC). Practice so far has been to give an advance instalment during major festivals to poorer women under the Ladki Bahin Yojana, but monthly stipend under the scheme (Rs 1,500) will now be credited in their accounts after January 16, the day when votes polled in 29 civic corporations are counted, he told reporters in Pune. The SEC on Monday barred the government from releasing the January instalment under the scheme (Rs 1,500) in advance, citing the enforcement of the model code of conduct for the January 15 elections to 29 municipal corporations in the state. The SEC's clarification came after it received several complaints following media reports claiming that beneficiaries of the scheme would receive Rs 3,000 - covering the December and ..
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said the state government will request Prime Minister Narendra Modi to lay the foundation stone of the Dharavi slum redevelopment project in Mumbai. Talking to reporters here on Saturday evening, Fadnavis said his government was committed to the Dharavi Redevelopment Project (DRP) and all eligible persons will get homes of 350 sq ft. "We will request PM Modi to lay the foundation stone of the Dharavi Redevelopment Project," he said. The project last year released its first eligibility list, with over 75 per cent of tenement holders qualifying for new homes under the ambitious slum redevelopment scheme. All bona fide residents who settled in Dharavi before January 1, 2000, are eligible for a 350 sq ft flat within Dharavi. All such residents will qualify for the resettlement unless they do not provide documents, according to data released by the DRP. Those who settled between January 1, 2000, and January 1, 2011, may receive 300 sq ft
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday took a veiled dig at his deputy Ajit Pawar by claiming opponents were venting out their frustration and anger due to the development work done by the BJP. They are trying to divert focus from development to issues that create unnecessary debate and disputes since they have nothing to show by way of work, Fadnavis said at a rally in Pimpri Chinchwad, where polls are scheduled for January 15. Pawar's Nationalist Congress Party is part of the BJP-led Mahayuti but the two parties are fighting the Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad civic polls separately. In a series of press conferences, the Deputy CM has claimed that irregularities and corruption had curtailed the development of Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad. The BJP ruled the two civic bodies between 2017 and 2022 before the state government appointed administrators. BJP's Bhosari MLA Mahesh Landge had hit back at Pawar, leading to a war of words between the two Mahayuti allies. Pacifying .
Former Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP) Rashmi Shukla had recommended registration of an FIR against Sanjay Pandey, a former top cop, and two others over an alleged conspiracy to implicate Devendra Fadnavis and Eknath Shinde in a false case in 2016, sources said on Saturday. Reacting to the reports, BJP leaders demanded a thorough investigation to find out at whose instance Pandey, who was director general of police during the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi government, was acting. Before she retired on January 3, Shukla submitted a report in this regard to the home department based on an inquiry conducted by a Special Investigation Team (SIT), sources said. The report suggested that then DGP Sanjay Pandey, Deputy Commissioner of Police Laxmikant Patil and Assistant Commissioner of Police Sardar Patil were involved in a conspiracy to implicate Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis (who was then Leader of Opposition in the assembly) as well as current deputy CM Shinde
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has shared a comprehensive action plan for Thane and the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), pledging to ease traffic congestion and complete key Metro projects within five years. Speaking at a chat show here on Wednesday night as part of the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) campaign for the Thane Municipal Corporation polls scheduled on January 15, Fadnavis outlined a future defined by seamless connectivity and sustainable infrastructure. Fadnavis expressed his government's commitment to resolving the traffic congestion that plagues the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). He said the government aims to complete all major Metro works by 2030. There are plans to link the Coastal Road into a "ring" to divert heavy traffic outside the city limits, he said. To address the bottleneck on Thane's arterial Ghodbunder Road, the CM announced the development of a "growth hub" at Kolshet-Diva, which will feature water taxi services. Addressing one of th
BJP has entered post-poll alliances with Congress and AIMIM in some Maharashtra civic bodies, triggering political backlash. Chief Minister Fadnavis denied approving such tie-ups and warned of action
Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday urged the State Election Commission to cancel results in 68 civic wards where ruling Mahayuti nominees were declared winners unopposed, saying uncontested victories effectively rob 'Gen Z' and first-time voters of their voting right. Sharing the stage with MNS chief Raj Thackeray to unveil their joint manifesto for the upcoming polls to the Mumbai civic body, Uddhav warned that democracy must not be overrun by "mobocracy. Referring to the uncontested victories in the run-up to the January 15 elections, Uddhav said, "If the SEC has courage, it should cancel elections where candidates were chosen unopposed and initiate the poll process again in those civic wards. The unopposed election of candidates is akin to denying voters, especially the 'GenZ' electorate, the chance to exercise their franchise, he added. The former chief minister launched a scathing attack on the Mahayuti government, saying that since his government was dislodged a