Moderna has refused to send vaccines directly to the Punjab government according to their policy, state's nodal officer for vaccination, Vikas Garg said in an official statement.
The leading vaccine maker has said that it only deals with the Central government and not with any state government or private parties, news agency ANI reported.
So far, about 90 million people have been inoculated the world over with Moderna's vaccine.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.