- Fighting coronavirus: On the streets, the mood changes to empathy
- States to use Rs 29,000 cr SDR fund for food, shelter to migrants: MHA
- Covid-19: Bank employees seek transportation, police protection for working
- Kerala reports first coronavirus death of 69-year old man from Ernakulum
- Covid-19: UP gives ration to 7 mn people; sets up 522 community kitchens
- In Rajasthan, lockdown violators to serve in coronavirus quarantine wards
- States, UTs step up vigil on international passengers to check virus spread
- Coronavirus: No house rent from migrant labourers for one month in Noida
- HC seeks report from govt on supply of essential goods to Andaman & Nicobar
- Patients may still have coronavirus after symptoms disappear: Study
Parliament Highlights: 1922 Delhi rioters identified, Shah in Rajya Sabha
Amit Shah defending the Delhi Police said that over 700 FIRs have been lodged over the violence and special public prosectors have been appointed
Home MInister Amit Shah outside Parliament. (PTI)
Parliament Budget Session LIVE Updates: At least 1922 people have been identified as "culprits" for the riots in Delhi last month, said Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday.
Shah told Rajya Sabha government agencies had information about the conspiracy behind riots, insisting the government was committed to "a scientific and impartial investigation". "There will be no discrimination based on religion or caste," he said a day after speaking about the violence in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
The opposition, during the Lok Sabha debate, had asked for Shah's resignation but the treasury side said he had been "pro-active" in containing the violence.