- 69% Indian millennials see coffee as companion during conversation: Survey
- 34% of Indians 'very comfortable' with woman CEO appointment: Survey
- Delhi violence: Anurag Thakur ducks question on 'goli maro' remark
- Auction of Nirav Modi's assets postponed; live auction on March 5
- India was great, trip very successful, says Donald Trump on 2-day visit
- Jewar airport to generate Rs 1 trn revenue in 30 years for UP: Adityanath
- J&K was, is and shall forever remain integral part: India tells Pak at UN
- Top headlines: Voda seeks relief from DoT; Panagariya on economy, and more
- From rare paintings to luxury cars, Nirav Modi's assets to go under hammer
- Modi reviews Delhi situation, appeals for peace and brotherhood
Parliament highlights: Oppn attacks BJP, says it wants to erase reservation
Opposition parties in Rajya Sabha on Monday demanded that the government file a review petition in the Supreme Court over its ruling on reservation in jobs and promotions for SC/STs
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi speaks to the media persons during the Budget Session of Parliament
The government on Monday informed Lok Sabha that it was not a party in the Supreme Court which has ordered that states are not bound to provide reservation in appointments. Making a statement in the House, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot said the Centre was also not asked to file an affidavit on the issue. Attacking the govt, opposition parties said the govt failed to defend reservation system. Rahul Gandhi, attacking the BJP and the RSS, said "its in govt's DNA to erase reservation". Hitting back, the government said the Congress is trying to politicise a sensitive issue. "This is my charge that the Congress is politicising the sensitive issue," Defence Minister and deputy leader of the House Rajnath Singh said.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan gave a detailed report on how the government is tackling the coronavirus epidemic. Till now, experts at various airports have so far screened 1,818 flights, covering a total of 1,97,192 passengers, he informed the Lok Sabha. "Teams of specialist doctors were sent to all airports to ensure effective screening and arrangement for isolation in attached hospitals," he said.