- Delhi riots: Student activists Narwal, Kalita released from prison on bail
- Montek Ahluwalia named member of World Bank-IMF High-Level Advisory Group
- Top headlines: CII seeks Rs 3-trn stimulus; Jet's FY20 results rejected
- Not okay with profit-making firms lecturing us on democracy: IT minister
- Pollution control certificate for all vehicles made uniform across country
- Toolkit case: Delhi cops quizzed Twitter India MD in Bengaluru on May 31
- PM should acknowledge his mistakes, seek help from experts: Rahul
- Antilia bomb scare probe: Ex-Mumbai Police 'encounter specialist' arrested
- CBSE to declare Class 12 results by July 31, submits scoring criteria
- Delhi Police receives complaint against Swara Bhaskar, Twitter India MD
Parliament highlights: Oppn attacks BJP, says it wants to erase reservation
Opposition parties in Rajya Sabha on Monday demanded that the government file a review petition in the Supreme Court over its ruling on reservation in jobs and promotions for SC/STs
The government on Monday informed Lok Sabha that it was not a party in the Supreme Court which has ordered that states are not bound to provide reservation in appointments. Making a statement in the House, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot said the Centre was also not asked to file an affidavit on the issue. Attacking the govt, opposition parties said the govt failed to defend reservation system. Rahul Gandhi, attacking the BJP and the RSS, said "its in govt's DNA to erase reservation". Hitting back, the government said the Congress is trying to politicise a sensitive issue. "This is my charge that the Congress is politicising the sensitive issue," Defence Minister and deputy leader of the House Rajnath Singh said.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan gave a detailed report on how the government is tackling the coronavirus epidemic. Till now, experts at various airports have so far screened 1,818 flights, covering a total of 1,97,192 passengers, he informed the Lok Sabha. "Teams of specialist doctors were sent to all airports to ensure effective screening and arrangement for isolation in attached hospitals," he said.