- Social media use linked to disordered eating behaviours in teens
- Delhi's air quality improves significantly, temp to dip in next 3 days
- Madras High Court to begin hearing Vedanta's plea against Sterlite closure
- Will seek President's Rule if violence continues in Bengal: Rahul Sinha
- Govt dividing people, destroying the economy: Cong leaders at Delhi rally
- Is the Tamil Nadu unit of BJP going to get a president anytime soon?
- Anger erupts at UN climate summit as major economies resist bold action
- Assam govt employees announce cease work on Dec 18 against citizenship law
- Rejuvenation of Ganga should be example of cooperative federalism: PM Modi
- Citizenship Act: Assam civil society organisations set to move SC
Winter Session LIVE: Congress walks out over Gandhi family security
Parliament likely to debate economic slowdown, air pollution in vast parts of the country, the situation in Kashmir and other issues.
Speaker Om Birla conducts proceedings in the Lok Sabha during the Winter Session of Parliament, in New Delhi. Photo: PTI
Parliament’s Winter Session continues after the first sitting on Monday was marked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaking in the Rajya Sabha to mark the 250th session of the House.
Oppositions members in both Houses are protesting on a range of issues, trying to pin down the government on the economy, air pollution in vast parts of the country, the situation in Kashmir and student protests at Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University.