- Regulating digital media: News portals wary of Centre's latest guidelines
- India signs key pact with Philippines for sale of 'defence equipment'
- 13,000 more troops cleared for Nepal, Bhutan Borders, tri-junction area
- Voicing dissent against government not sedition, says Supreme Court
- NRIs, foreigners stuck in India to give info on double taxation by Mar 31
- Rajesh Vaishnaw appointed India's next Ambassador to Morocco: MEA
- Yogi Adityanath misleading people, SP will campaign for TMC: Akhilesh
- MCD bypolls: Sign of revival, says Cong; BJP alleges 'match fixing'
- VK Sasikala quits politics ahead of Tamil Nadu assembly elections
- Rear Admiral Antony George assumes charge as chief of staff of SNC
Parliament LIVE: Process of NRC to be carried out across India, says Shah
Parliament LIVE updates: The Lok Sabha is likely to continue the discussion on air pollution, the situation in Kashmir and other issues.
Parliament winter session
Parliament’s Winter Session continues. The Congress, in a meeting of its Lok Sabha members on Wednesday, decided to raise the issue of economic slowdown, detention of political leaders in Jammu and Kashmir and farmers distress in the lower house.
The meeting was chaired by Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The party on Wednesday raised the issue of withdrawal of SPG of its leaders in the upper house and issue of paddy procurement in the lower house.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Amit Shah said that the situation in Jammu and Kashmir is “normal” and that internet facilities will be restored at an appropriate time after inputs from local agencies. “We agree that mobile and internet are important facilities and needs to be restored soon. But when it comes to the safety of the country, we have to set a priority. As we all know, the situation in Kashmir remains tensed due to threats from across the border,” he said in Rajya Sabha.