- Urban Indians averse to single-use plastics, 78% want complete ban: Survey
- Need Malvinder's custody to confront him with witnesses in RFL scam: ED
- Isro begins 26-hour countdown for launch of CARTOSAT-3 satellite
- Direct police to produce tweets of Sunanda Pushkar: Tharoor urges court
- Top headlines: Fadnavis quits, govt may overhaul labour laws, and more
- We take pride in our friendship with vibrant democracy of Israel: PM Modi
- Will pay back PF money of power corp employees invested in DHFL: Adityanath
- Internet ban to prevent terror acts on dark web justified: Govt on Kashmir
- Sunni Waqf Board won't file review petition against SC's Ayodhya verdict
- Ajit Pawar resigns as deputy CM; Udhhav to be CM for 5 years, says Sena
Parliament LIVE: Process of NRC to be carried out across India, says Shah
Parliament LIVE updates: The Lok Sabha is likely to continue the discussion on air pollution, the situation in Kashmir and other issues.
Parliament’s Winter Session continues. The Congress, in a meeting of its Lok Sabha members on Wednesday, decided to raise the issue of economic slowdown, detention of political leaders in Jammu and Kashmir and farmers distress in the lower house.
The meeting was chaired by Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The party on Wednesday raised the issue of withdrawal of SPG of its leaders in the upper house and issue of paddy procurement in the lower house.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Amit Shah said that the situation in Jammu and Kashmir is “normal” and that internet facilities will be restored at an appropriate time after inputs from local agencies. “We agree that mobile and internet are important facilities and needs to be restored soon. But when it comes to the safety of the country, we have to set a priority. As we all know, the situation in Kashmir remains tensed due to threats from across the border,” he said in Rajya Sabha.