- Top 10 biz headlines: Jet crisis deepens, L&T mounts Mindtree bid, and more
- UK court arrest warrant against Nirav Modi paves way for extradition
- Anil Ambani thanks Mukesh, Nita for timely support in clearing RCom dues
- London court issues arrest warrant against Nirav Modi: Reports
- One CRPF jawan killed, 5 injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
- Two killed near Vedanta's Lanjigarh unit on protests over rehab, jobs
- Good news for central govt staff who want to acquire higher degrees
- Technical flaws in Chhattisgarh's Terror Zone fetter farm loan waivers
- HC stays Nusli Wadia defamation plea hearing against Ratan Tata, others
- Pulwama fallout: India-Pakistan tensions to figure in Qureshi-Wang talks
Rafale highlights: Documents related to deal 'stolen from Defence ministry'
Supreme Court will resume Rafale deal hearing on March 14 of petitions seeking review of its December 14 verdict on the purchase of the fighter jets
Supreme Court. Photo: Aashish Aryan
The government Wednesday told the Supreme Court that documents related to the Rafale fighter jet deal have been stolen from the Defence Ministry and threatened The Hindu newspaper with the Official Secrets Act for publishing articles based on them.
Unruffled by the Centre's stand, Hindu publishing group Chairman N Ram said nobody would get any information from the newspaper on the confidential sources who provided the documents.
The bench, also including Justices S K Kaul and K M Joseph, was hearing a batch of petitions seeking a review of its December 14 verdict dismissing all the pleas against the deal procured by India from France.
Catch LIVE updates on SC Rafale hearing