Indian Railways Recruitment Board has released the official notification for the recruitment of Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Constable Post. Out of 9,739 vacancies, 4517 are reserved for women, according to media reports. Online registration for constable and sub-inspector posts will reportedly commence on June 1 on and end on June 30. Candidates who wish to apply for RPF jobs are required to visit constable.rpfonlinereg.org, and those who are seeking constable post must register on si.rpfonlinereg.org.
While the online registration date for constable posts is out, details for RPF recruitment, including date, exam fee payment deadline, admit card, exam date and result date, will be announced within a few days.
Indian Railways Minister Piyush Goyal had earlier announced that during RPF recruitment 2018, half of the job vacancies will be reserved for female candidates.
- RPF: The salary structure for RPF is Rs 20,200+5,200 (25,400), including grade pay of Rs 2,000 and other allowances subject to Central Government employees, according to Gradepay.co.
- Railway sub-inspector: Candidates will be hired at level 6 of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) with a starting salary of Rs 35,400 plus allowances.
- Railway constable: Candidates will be hired at level 3 of 7th CPC with an initial payment of Rs 21,000 and allowances.
Who can apply?
- Sub-inspector post: If you’re a graduate aged between 20 and 25 years, you are eligible to apply.
- Constable post: If you have a Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) or a matric certificate, you can apply for this post, provided you are aged between 18 and 25 years.
- Those have given the above-mentioned exams but are awaiting their exam results are not eligible to apply.
Railway examination details
- Online registration for constable and sub-inspector posts will reportedly commence on June 1 on and end on June 30
- The application fee for general candidates is Rs 500 and Rs 250 for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates. However, a certain amount of the fee will be refunded after the candidates appear for the examination.
- The Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held between September and October 2018. This will be held in 15 different languages —English, Hindi, Tamil, Telegu, Urdu, Gujurati, Bengali, Odia, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi.
For additional details, follow the official website and weekly edition of Employment News.