- 32 dead in Uttarakhand disaster, race against time in tunnel rescue op
- Karnataka to create 1 million jobs in IT and related sector by 2025
- Contamination of Yamuna: SC impleads Ministry of Jal Shakti as party
- Indian ministers switch to local platform Koo as Twitter standoff continues
- Farm laws not religious scriptures that can't be changed: Farooq Abdullah
- Court to pronounce order on Feb 11 over plea against Salman Khan
- SC notice to Centre on plea seeking implementation of new farm laws
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC asks Purohit about conspiracy meet
- 197 missing, 20 dead in Uttarakhand floods: Amit Shah tells Parliament
- India's MSP operations are WTO-compliant: Union Minister Piyush Goyal
Uttarakhand disaster LIVE: Death toll 32; search, rescue operation underway
Uttarakhand flood latest news: 31 bodies have been recovered from different areas that were affected by the glacier burst in Chamoli district in Uttarakhand
Rescue operations underway near the Rishi Ganga Power Project, a day after a glacier broke off in Joshimath causing a massive flood in the Dhauli Ganga river, in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Photo: PTI
Uttarakhand flood llive updates: The glacial burst, which triggered a flood on the Rishiganga river in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli, has caused an estimated damage of Rs 1,500 crore to government infrastructure, according to Union Power Minister R K Singh.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat visited the affected areas.
State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) said that 31 bodies have been recovered from different areas that were affected by the glacier burst in Chamoli district in Uttarakhand, while 175 people are still missing.
Meanwhile, Rawat had released Rs 20 crores from the State Disaster Response Fund for relief and rescue operation. A glacial broke in the Tapovan-Reni area of Chamoli District of Uttarakhand on Sunday, which led to massive flooding in Dhauliganga and Alaknanda rivers and damaged houses and the nearby Rishiganga power project.