- Delhi CM Kejriwal to meet protesting farmers at lunch on Sunday: Report
- Include more information on N-E region in national syllabus: Meghalaya CM
- TN urges Centre to declare Godavari-Cauvery river link a national project
- India offers $40 mn credit line to boost sports infrastructure in Maldives
- 'Toolkit' case: Order on activist Disha Ravi's bail plea on Feb 23
- India's ties with Maldives poised to take quantum jump: Jaishankar
- PM Modi pitches for better coordination between centre, states
- External Affairs Minister Jaishankar arrives in Maldives on two-day visit
- IAF withdraws Jammu airport closure order; flight operations restricted
- AIIMS chief calls for PPP for large-scale rollout of vaccination programme
Uttarakhand flood LIVE: 36 bodies recovered yet; 169 people missing
Uttarakhand flood latest news: About 600 rescue workers are involved in the rescue operation. Stay tuned for LIVE updates
Using drones and remote-sensing equipment, rescue teams have intensified efforts to reach the 25-35 men trapped in a sludge-choked tunnel as over 170 people remained missing after the Uttarakhand disaster three days ago.
Two of the men earlier counted among the 174 missing returned home safely after being stranded since the flash flood in Chamoli district. Two more bodies were recovered during the day, raising the confirmed death toll to 34.
More than 600 Army, ITBP, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) personnel are engaged in the search-and-rescue operations.
About 450 of them are from the ITBP.
Several measures, including drilling holes to take oxygen to the men inside the tunnel, are also being contemplated.