In a move that may encourage global mobile device manufacturers such as the US-based Apple and South Korean major Samsung to make India one of their global hubs for exports, the Centre has announced a production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme with a budgetary allocation of Rs 40,995 crore. Under the scheme, which was approved by the Union Cabinet on Saturday, electronics manufacturers will be offered incentives ranging from 4 to 6 per cent on their incremental sales of goods manufactured in India for a period of five years.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, March 22 2020. 01:10 IST