Almost 18 months after demonetisation was announced, the microfinance sector continues to suffer, as a substantial portion of its loan portfolio in some states remains at risk. At national level, the portfolio at risk (PAR) — value of loans in arrears — for delinquencies of more than 30 days (PAR>30) was almost 6 per cent at the end of December 2017, up from 0.3 per cent at the end of September 2016. It had soared to 14.1 per cent at the end of March 2017.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, April 12 2018. 07:03 IST