As most pandemic restrictions have been lifted and workplaces are opening, the Indian information technology services industry is likely to see a gross employee addition of around 450,000 people in the second half of financial year 2022 (H2FY22), according to UnearthInsight, a metrics benchmarking and market intelligence firm.
These 450,000 people are largely laterals/experienced ones, but fresher intake is also is larger than last year.
With higher attrition in H2 of 17-19 per cent, the industry is likely to have a net employee addition of about 175,000 in H2FY22, according to the report titled “IT Industry Q2 Insights & FY22 Forecast”. UnearthInsight has analysed hiring, attrition, and technology evolution of India’s IT industry.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.