Kotak Mahindra Bank Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Uday Kotak has taken over as president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at a time when the economy has been hit hard by the lockdown to fight the spread of coronavirus. Kotak tells Subhayan Chakraborty and Indivjal Dhasmana that as the government incurs higher expenditure on health and sustainable development, it will have to make hard choices on whether it should support weak enterprises or not. He talks about getting growth back, import duties, migrant labour, bank recapitalisation, etc. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.