- India's retail inflation in Dec likely fell to within RBI target: Report
- Adverse effect of Covid-19 vaccine: What the law says, or doesn't
- LIC launches new campaign to revive lapsed policies amid Covid-19
- Fiscal deficit to hit 6.1% of GDP in FY21: Govt's first advance estimates
- Per capita income set to witness a 5% fall: First advance estimates
- First advance estimates: GDP to grow 8-11.5% in FY22, say experts
- Nalco to invest Rs 30,000 crore on expansion by 2027-28: Pralhad Joshi
- Gap between PMJDY scheme beneficiaries and RuPay cards issued widens
- Microloans: Early delinquencies jump to 15.7% in September, says CRIF
- Telangana gets approval for additional borrowings of Rs 2,508 crore
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas LIVE: Modi calls for 'One World, One Sun, One Grid'
While inaugurating the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed NRIs and called them 'brand ambassadors of India'
The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) began on Tuesday. For the first time, the three-day-long convention is being organised from January 21 to 23 instead of January 9 to allow participants to visit the Kumbh mela in Allahabad and attend the Republic Day parade. The theme of this year's convention is 'role of Indian diaspora in building new India'.
Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Jugnauth was the chief guest of the convention, while Himanshu Gulati, member of the Parliament of Norway, was the special guest. Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi, member of Parliament of New Zealand was the guest of honour.
The decision to celebrate Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas was taken by then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and the first event was celebrated on January 9, 2003.
While inaugurating the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed NRIs and called them 'brand ambassadors of India.'
Catch LIVE updates on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Varanasi.