The Minister for Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad said on Wednesday that Twitter has "failed to comply" with the new Information Technology (IT) Rules that came into effect from May 26. This may mean that the microblogging platform can no longer claim legal defence under the safe harbour provisions of the IT Act, said legal experts.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, June 16 2021. 13:24 IST