Ahead of 2022 UP assembly elections: How much has the Yogi Adityanath-led government pushed the needle for Uttar Pradesh in its four-year term? The chief minister has tried to stamp his authority on the state aggressively during his term, while running a large council of ministers at the same time. Compared to his predecessor Akhilesh Yadav, whose Samajwadi party ministry had 41 ministers, Adityanath has a larger one at 47. But while Yadav had to exercise six reshuffles during his tenure, the current chief minister has never once shuffled his pack. He has mostly relied on his team of officers to run his key projects, instead of depending on the ministers, despite having two deputy chief ministers.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, June 23 2021. 14:36 IST