GATE 2020: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has released the schedule for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 exam. GATE 2020 will be on February 1, 2, 8 and 9 for which, 860,000 candidates have registered.
The exam will be held in 8 sessions for 25 subjects.
February 1 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): IN, ME1, MT, PE, PH
February 1 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CY, ME2, PI
February 2 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL
February 2 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): AE, AG, EC, GG
February 8 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): EE, EY, TF
February 8 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CS
February 9 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): CE1
February 9 (14.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CE2
GATE 2020 admit card
Admit card for GATE 2020 will be released on January 3.
About GATE exam
The GATE exam is conducted for admissions to M.Tech and M.Sc programmes in Engineering, Technology and Architecture. GATE is a national level examination and is also used to determine the eligibility for recruitment by certain organizations like the DRDO, under the Government of India. Meanwhile, those who qualify in GATE 2020 will be admitted to various Masters programmes at IIT’s, NIT’s, GFTI’s and IISc aprt from other renowned technical institutes.
GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee).
Validity of GATE score is for three years.
Gate 2020: Qualification criteria:
* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering /Technology (4 years after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those in the final year of such programmes.
* Bachelor's degree holders in Architecture (Five years course)/ Naval Architecture (four years course) and those in the final year of such programmes.
* Bachelor's degree holders or four-year programme in science (B.S.) and those in the final year of such programmes.
* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent and those in the final year of such programmes.
* Holders of four-year integrated Master's degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programmes.
* Holders of five-year integrated Master's degree or Dual Degree in Engineering /Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies reconised by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.