According to the notification, the candidates can apply between September 1 and September 30. The last date to submit the fee is October 1.
The JEE (Main) will be conducted twice a year and from the next academic session in 2019.
The first JEE (Main) has been scheduled from 6 to 20 January, 2019 for candidates seeking admission to undergraduate progammes in NITs, IITs and other centrally funded Technical institutions.
The timings for the JEE (Main) 1 are divided into two shifts. Candidates can give exam in either of the following shifts: From 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, or from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The exam will be in computer based test (CBT) mode only. The key subjects are mathematics, physics and chemistry.
JEE (Main) paper 2 is to be given by Bachelor of architecture (B Arch) aspirants and Bachelor of Planning ( B. Planning) aspirants, in one sitting only. This test will be conducted from April 6, 2019 to April 20th, 2019. This exam will be held in a single shift only. Part 1 and part 2 will be mathematics and aptitude test and part 3 will be a drawing test.
Admission to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank in JEE (Advanced), subject to condition mentioned on JEE(Advanced) website.
Candidates needn’t appear for both the JEE (Main) tests. However, if a candidate appears in both the tests, the better of the two scores will be used for the eligibility for JEE (Advance) 2019.
JEE (MAIN) 1:
- Online submission of application forms: Sept 1 to Sept 30, 2018.
- Admit card download: December 17, 2018
- Examination date: Jan 6 to Jan 20, 2019 (Candidate can choose any one out of the eight sittings).
- Result declaration: January 31st, 2019.
JEE (Main) 2:
- Online submission of application form: February 8 to March 7, 2019.
- Admit card downloading 18 March 2019.
- Examination date: From April 6, 2019 yo April 20, 019. (Candidates can choose only one sitting out of the eight sittings)
- Results declaration: April 30, 2019.
JEE (Main) is applicable for those candidates who have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.