- Covid-19 in numbers: Latest data on cases and deaths in India and globally
- DATA STORY: India sees net reduction in active cases for 37th day straight
- Telangana govt decides to lift lockdown completely from tomorrow
- VC funds pile into crypto companies in 2021, make a record $17-bn bet
- Jharkhand on high alert as mucormycosis infections increase
LS polls LIVE: Cong may include Healthcare Act in manifesto, says Rahul
Political parties are set for a hectic schedule today. Catch LIVE updates on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 campaigns
Congress president Rahul Gandhi Friday said his party was looking at including the promise of Healthcare Act in its manifesto for the April-May Lok Sabha polls.
He said it was part of the Congress' commitment to ensure everybody has access to quality healthcare.
The Congress chief said his party wanted to increase health expenditure to 3 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and also increase the number of trained medical professionals.
Gandhi was speaking to medical professionals here at a programme organised by an NGO.
Vehicles carrying reserved EVMs and VVPATs during the seven-phased Lok Sabha polls will be mandatorily equipped with GPS to track their movement, the Election Commission has said.
The decision came in the backdrop of EVMs) and VVPAT machines being found in hotels, roads and even at the residence of an MLA during the assembly elections held in five states late last year.
Instructions have been issued to all state chief electoral officers to carefully monitor 'end-to-end' movement of all reserved EVMs and paper trail machines.