- Angel tax breather: Govt ensures only fake companies will face trouble
- NCLAT allows 22 firms in 'green' category under IL&FS board to service debt
- Buying insurance from car dealer is costlier, consider getting it online
- SC clears hurdle for Essar case, rejects pleas by operational creditors
- Govt eyes raising Rs 5,316 cr through part-sale of Axis Bank stake
Chandrababu Naidu fast highlights: Andhra CM to meet President on Tuesday
Chandrababu Naidu was observing a hunger strike or 'Dharma Porata Deeksha' (a day-long protest for justice) against the central government over the issue of special status to Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh CM and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu breaks his day-long fast in Delhi, on Monday, February 11, 2019. Photo: @ANI
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday broke his day-long fast demanding special status for his state. His protest became a rallying point for Opposition leaders who visited him as a sign of support and criticised the Modi government.
Clad in a black shirt to protest what he claims to be a raw deal meted out to the state, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief began his 'Dharma Porata Deeksha' protest at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in New Delhi.
After paying tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat, Naidu and other TDP leaders reached the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan, where they garlanded the statue of Babasaheb B R Ambedkar before launching the protest.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi, National Congress chairperson Farooq Abdullah, NCP's Majeed Memon, Trinamool Congress' Derek O' Brien, DMK's Tiruchi Siva and Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav were among those who met the TDP chief to express their support.