- Covid-19 in numbers: Latest data on cases and deaths in India and globally
- DATA STORY: India sees net reduction in active cases for 37th day straight
- Telangana govt decides to lift lockdown completely from tomorrow
- VC funds pile into crypto companies in 2021, make a record $17-bn bet
- Jharkhand on high alert as mucormycosis infections increase
Chandrababu Naidu fast highlights: Andhra CM to meet President on Tuesday
Chandrababu Naidu was observing a hunger strike or 'Dharma Porata Deeksha' (a day-long protest for justice) against the central government over the issue of special status to Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday broke his day-long fast demanding special status for his state. His protest became a rallying point for Opposition leaders who visited him as a sign of support and criticised the Modi government.
Clad in a black shirt to protest what he claims to be a raw deal meted out to the state, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief began his 'Dharma Porata Deeksha' protest at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in New Delhi.
After paying tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat, Naidu and other TDP leaders reached the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan, where they garlanded the statue of Babasaheb B R Ambedkar before launching the protest.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi, National Congress chairperson Farooq Abdullah, NCP's Majeed Memon, Trinamool Congress' Derek O' Brien, DMK's Tiruchi Siva and Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav were among those who met the TDP chief to express their support.