If there is one thing that has seen significant impact due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it is television viewership. Between January and June 2020, TV viewership increased 9 per cent over the corresponding period last year, latest data from the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) shows, thanks to a restricted lifestyle and movement of people. The growth in viewership in the first half of 2020 was led by news, kids, and movie channels, BARC said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!