Viral Acharya, Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) youngest deputy governor post-economic liberalisation, has resigned six months before the scheduled end of his term. Acharya, who joined the RBI on January 23, 2017, for a three-year term, is returning to New York University Stern School of Business (NYU Stern) in August, instead of February 2020, as the CV Starr Professor of Economics.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, June 24 2019. 06:10 IST