The rationalisation of property-related taxes is the most significant sop that stand-in Finance Minister Piyush Goyal offered in his Interim Budget. Now, an individual can declare two houses as self-occupied instead of just one earlier. Also, on selling a house property, a taxpayer can invest the proceeds in two houses and still get the long-term capital gains (LTCG) tax benefit. Earlier, the benefit was available for only one house.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.