At least 3,563,596 people have been infected by the novel coronavirus so far across the globe, while the total number of deaths from the disease stands at 248,135, according to worldometer data.
While millions of people took advantage of easing coronavirus lockdowns to enjoy spring, some of the world's most populous countries reported worrisome new peaks in infections on Sunday, including India, which saw its biggest single-day jump yet.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, May 04 2020. 07:57 IST