Gold started the new year on a high in the international market by notching an eight-week peak on Monday, as the dollar slipped broadly to mid-2018 lows with investors selling it for just about everything else in the Asia session, wagering the world’s pandemic recovery would drive other currencies higher. The rupee closed at a four-month high of 73.02 after appreciating 9 paise.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, January 05 2021. 01:15 IST