You are here: Home » Markets » News
Business Standard

KIOCL freezes at 10% upper circuit as Board to mull share buyback

The board will meet on Monday, October 19, 2020 to consider the proposal for buy back of fully paid-up equity shares of the company

Topics
KIOCL | Buzzing stocks | Markets

SI Reporter  |  Mumbai 

defaults, NPA, growth, credit, economy, gdp, market, shares, stocks, valuation, growth, profit, loss
KIOCL is a state-owned company engaged in iron & steel and intermediate products

Shares of (Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Limited) were locked in the 10 per cent upper circuit band at Rs 141.95 on the BSE on Wednesday after the company said its board will meet on Monday, October 19, to consider share buyback proposal.

Till 02:46 pm, a combined 273,000 equity shares had changed hands on the NSE and BSE and there were pending buy orders for around 47,000 shares, exchange data shows.

"The meeting of board of directors of the company will be held on Monday, October 19, 2020, inter-alia to consider the proposal for buy back of fully paid-up equity shares of the company," said in exchange filing.

is a state-owned company engaged in iron & steel and intermediate products. The government held 99.06 per cent stake in the company, while the remaining 0.94 per cent or 5.87 million shares are with the public shareholders. Of these public sharegolders, 0.47 per cent holding is with individual shareholders.

Further, being a zero debt company with satisfactory equity base and pool of technical manpower, the company has envisaged a CAPEX of Rs 3,553 crore towards various long term/short term expansion/diversifications plans.

"The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had approved the disinvestment of 15 per cent equity shares of KIOCL by Follow-on Public Offer (FPO). Accordingly, the board of the Company at its meeting held on 06/08/2019 had approved the same," it said.

According to the company's 2019-20 annual report, the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), Ministry of Finance, had appointed intermediaries for carrying out the FPO. To review the status of FPO, a Meeting was held on November 15, 2019 where it was concluded to reschedule the timelines for filing of the Draft Red Herring prospectus (DRHP), for which the Book Running Lead Manager (BRLM) would prepare a revised timeline, post appointment of requisite number of Independent Directors on the Board of the Company.

In the past six months, the stock has rallied 109 per cent, as compared to 32 per cent rise in the S&P BSE Sensex. It hit a 52-week high of Rs 169.50 on August 20, 2020.

Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Wed, October 14 2020. 14:59 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.