- State poll outcome is not a big worry for the markets: U R Bhat
- PSU banks in focus; Corporation Bank, PNB, Uco Bank up over 5%
- 'Poll outcome unexpected; need a quick replacement for Urjit Patel'
- Why market has taken BJP's election setback in its stride
- Poll results a wake-up call for BJP; good time to start investing: Baliga
- Elections & Markets: Have the Sensex, Nifty bottomed out? A quick check
- Strides Pharma gains 6% as JV receives approval for Albendazole tablets
- Markets will now revert to merit-based investing: Deven Choksey
- Ignore market volatility and invest for the long term: G Chokkalingam
- Midcap, small-cap stks outperform Sensex; Moschip Semiconductor zooms 10%
L&T Infotech OFS subscribed 3 times, sale sees bids for 29.8 million shares
Shares of L&T Infotech on Monday closed at Rs 1,771, down 1.4 per cent
BS Reporter Last Updated at September 3, 2018 23:49 IST
Larsen & Toubro Infotech (Website screenshot)
L&T Infotech’s offer for sale (OFS) on Monday saw over three times demand than the shares on offer for institutional investors. The share sale saw bids for 29.8 million shares as against 9.5 million on offer. Another 1.05 million shares meant for retail investors will be auctioned on Tuesday. The shares in L&T Infotech are being divested by promoter Larsen & Toubro (L&T), which currently holds 81.54 per cent. Post the share sale, L&T’s holdings will come down to 75.44 per cent, taking it close to compliance of the 25 per cent public shareholding requirement. The base price for OFS was set at Rs 1,700, while most of the bids came at Rs 1,736. Shares of L&T Infotech on Monday closed at Rs 1,771, down 1.4 per cent.
First Published: Mon, September 03 2018. 23:49 IST