- BSE Midcap index hits 52-week high; Balkrishna, PI Ind at record levels
- Valiant Organics falls 10% on disappointing Q2 nos; Co announces 1:1 bonus
- Tata Steel shares gain 3% on strong September quarter results
- MUHURAT TRADING WRAP: Sensex gains 195 pts to close at fresh high of 43,638
- Yield mania gives much needed break to indebted emerging-market countries
- Lucknow Municipal Corporation's bonds debut on BSE, oversubscribed by 250%
- IT, pharma firms emerge Samvat 2076 winners; Infy, Divi's Lab top gainers
- PSUs asked by govt to pay higher dividends have little room for more
- Sensex, Nifty end with weekly gain as bank, finance stocks firm up
- Lucknow Municipal Corporation garners Rs 200 crore on BSE Bond platform
MUHURAT TRADING WRAP: Sensex gains 195 pts to close at fresh high of 43,638
All that happened in the markets today
Among headline indices, the S&P BSE Sensex ended the session 195 points, or 0.45 per cent, higher at 43,638. Intra-day, the index hit an all-time high of 43,830.93. The broader Nifty50 index closed at 12,771, up 51 points. Bharti Airtel, Tata Steel, and Sun Pharma (all up 1%) were the top Sensex gainers. Overall, 26 of the 30 Sensex constituents ended the session in the green.
On the NSE, a total of 1,391 stocks ended with gains while 397 stocks declined.
Shares of Tata Steel rose 3 per cent to Rs 499 on the BSE after delivering strong results in India with broad based, market leading volume growth and strong cash flow generation during the September quarter (Q2FY21). READ MORE
All the Nifty sectoral indices closed with gains, led by Nifty IT index, up half a per cent.
The broader market outperformed the benchmarks, with the S&P BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices rising 0.6 per cent and 0.8 per cent, respectively. Intra-day, the S&P BSE Midcap index hit a 52-week high of 16,028, up 1 per cent on the BSE, surpassing its previous high of 15,931, touched on February 12, 2020. READ MORE
Markets will remain closed on Monday on account of Diwali-Balipratipada.