- Edible oil relief: Shares of Adani Wilmar and Ruchi Soya Industries shed 5%
- Gift City gold imports: Qualified jewellers can make advance payment
- IT stocks plummet as Nomura and JP Morgan raise growth concerns
- Coromandel Intl falls 10% on profit-taking post gaining 17% in 1 month
- Is the golden period of retail inflows ending? Watch out for these factors
- Globus Spirits slips 15% on weak March quarter results
- GAIL's Rs 1,083 crore buyback offer kicks off: Should you tender shares?
- Asian Paints, Berger Paints slip 6% after Grasim doubles capex plan
- Govt exempts customs duty on soybean, sunflower oil; AWL, Ruchi Soya dip 5%
- After FII, will retail investor flows into equity market also shrink?
Sensex gains after 2-day hiatus, ends 226 pts up; broader indices decline
Sectorally, the Nifty IT index advanced 2 per cent while the Nifty Auto index tumbled 1.5 per cent
Stock market updates: Quality large-cap stocks such as TCS, Reliance Industries, HCL Tech, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Finance, and Bharti Airtel drove benchmark indices higher on Monday even as mid- and small-cap indices ended in the red.
The frontline S&P BSE Sensex index advanced 226 points, or 0.41 per cent, and closed at 55,556 levels while the Nifty50 index settled below the 16,500-mark at 16,488, up 37 points or 0.23 per cent.
In the broader markets, the BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices slipped 0.9 per cent and 1.5 per cent, respectively.