- LIC listing: After discounted debut, Macquarie sets Rs 1,000 as target
- LIC lists at 8.6% discount, stock recovers partially post weak debut
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex soars 700 pts, Nifty atop 16K; LIC lists at 8% discount
- Stocks to Watch: LIC, IndiGo, GSK Pharma, Max Health, PSUs, Bharat Forge
- Is Ambuja Cement & ACC merger on the cards after Adani's Holcim deal?
- LIC to list on bourses today: Check share price and other details
- LIC stock may be held for long term if there's no listing gain: Experts
- Product portfolio, expanding markets to drive gains for Eicher Motors
- Markets snap six-day losing streak; Sensex ends 180 points higher
- LIC may list at a discount to issue price if grey market is an indicator
Sensex ends 446 pts higher, Nifty tops 17,800; RIL hits record high, up 2%
Stock market LIVE: On the sectoral front, barring Nifty Realty, Pharma, PSU Bank, all indices trade in the green
The Indian benchmark indices ended higher for the second consecutive session on Tuesday. The BSE Sensex gained 446 points to close at 59,745 after hitting day's high of 59,778. The Nifty closed above the 17,800-mark at 17,822, up 131 points.
The largest contributor to the gains in the benchmarks was Reliance Industries, which ended over 2 per cent higher above the Rs 2,600-mark after hitting new record high levels in intra-day deals. ONGC, IndusInd Bank, Coal India, IOC and Bharti Airtel were among the major gainers on the Nifty. Cipla, Hindalco, Shree Cements, Sun Pharma and Tata Consumer Products were among the top losers.
Barring bank, realty and pharma, all other sectoral indices ended in the green led by oil & gas, power and IT indices. BSE midcap and smallcap indices rose 0.33 per cent and 0.54 per cent, respectively.