- DHFL gains 20% on heavy volumes, rebounds 25% from day's low on NSE
- VA Tech Wabag up 6% on securing order worth Rs 1,187 cr under Namami Gange
- Mastek tanks 10% after net profit in June quarter dips 12% sequentially
- L&T Q1 preview: Analysts see healthy revenue growth on strong order execution
- TVS Motor hits over two-year low on weak Q1 results
- Stocks to watch: TVS Motor Co, HUL, YES Bank, USL, L&T, ZEEL, DHFL, IndiGo
- Market Ahead, July 23: All you need to know before the Opening Bell
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex, Nifty range-bound; tech stocks gain, financials drag
- Markets extend sell-off after RBI governor Shaktikanta Das sounds caution
- Wait for valuations to correct further before you buy market favourites
Sensex ends volatile session with minor gains; Indiabulls Housing down 8.5%
All that happened in the markets today
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex closed at 39,113, up 66 points, or 0.17 per cent, with Tata Steel, Kotak Bank, NTPC, HDFC, and Powergrid pocketing the highest gains. Nifty ended absolutely flat at 11,691.
Nifty sectoral indices traded mixed. Nifty Realty gained the most 1.1 per cent, while Nifty Pharma and Nifty Auto, down 1.6 and 1.1 per cent each, bled the most.
The broader market underperformed the benchmarks, with the S&P BSE MidCap index settling 100 points, or 0.7 per cent, lower at 14,443, while the S&P BSE SmallCap index tumbled 194 points, or 1.37 per cent, to 13,919.
Shares of Jet Airways (India) hit a fresh all-time low of Rs 28.60, down 29 per cent, in early morning trade on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Wednesday ahead of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) hearing later in the day on insolvency plea filed by the lenders. The stock ended the day 18 per cent lower at Rs 33.10. READ MORE
Shares of Jain Irrigation Systems (JISL) tanked 22 per cent to Rs 21.25 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Wednesday after rating agency India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) downgraded the company’s long-term issuer rating to ‘IND BBB’ from IND A-“ with negative outlook. By the end of the session, the stock had slid to 28.1 per cent lower at Rs 19.70. READ MORE