- Steel stocks dip after Icra predicts consumption growth to slow in FY20
- Paper, jute product stocks extend rally amid single-use plastic ban buzz
- Surprising number of smaller companies have outstanding depository receipts
- Nalco gains over 4% after it declares 115% dividend payout
- Market Ahead, September 19: All you need to know before the Opening Bell
- Stocks to watch: Axis Bank, IIFL Wealth, Nalco, RITES, and Madhav Infra
- US Fed cuts interest rate for the second time in a row: Top 4 highlights
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex down 300 pts, Nifty50 sheds 100 pts; YES Bank tanks 6%
- Start-up sectors that have the highest probability of receiving funding
- HDFC Property Fund, Motilal Oswal Real Estate look to buy ready homes
Sensex, Nifty end marginally lower in volatile trade; metal stocks drag
All that happened in the markets today
(Photo: Kamlesh Pednekar)
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex settled 72 points, or 0.18 per cent, lower at 39,123, with ONGC, Tata Steel, Vedanta, Bajaj-Auto, and Tech Mahindra among the biggest losers. The broader Nifty50 dipped 24 points, or 0.2 per cent, to 11,700. Market breadth remained in favour of declines with NSE advance decline ratio at 2:3.
Only two out of the 11 Nifty sectoral indices ended the day in the green, with Nifty Metal, down 1.3 per cent, and Nifty Realty, down 1 per cent, taking the deepest cuts.
In the broader market, the S&P BSE MidCap slipped 46 points, or 0.3 per cent, to 14,578, while the S&P BSE SmallCap index slipped 21 points, or 0.15 per cent, to 14,063.
Piramal Enterprises rose 5 per cent to Rs 1,986 on the BSE in early morning trade after a Business Standard report said that Japanese conglomerate SoftBank was in final stages of talks with Piramal group to invest $1 billion. The stock ended the session 3 per cent higher at Rs 1,945.60. READ MORE
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals hit a 52-week low of Rs 467, down 7 per cent on the BSE in the early morning trade on Monday after the US health regulator USFDA cited deficiencies in the Drug Master File pertaining to one of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and in manufacturing facilities. The stock settled at Rs 460.60, down 7.92 per cent. READ MORE
Emami's stock price hit an over four-and-half year low of Rs 270, slipping 7 per cent on the BSE, after huge block deals before ending the day 7.6 per cent lower at Rs 267.30. READ MORE