- Is it time to shift to private bank stocks?
- Market regulator Sebi bars FWCS, its directors from markets for 1 year
- Food delivery firm Zomato stake sale fetches Rs 1,631 crore for Alibaba
- NSE IFSC-SGX Connect full scale operation targeted for Q2 of 2023
- D-Street throws Thanksgiving party in November; Sensex, Nifty up 10%
- Dharmaj Crop IPO subscribed 36 times; promising start for Uniparts
- Sebi penalises 15 firms for manipulating Parichay Investments stock prices
- Indian markets log new highs even as global peers stare at losses
- Gland Pharma stock seen underperforming after acquiring France's Cenexi
- Scaling a new peak: FPIs, global cues propel Sensex past 63,000 mark
Sensex snaps 3-day winning run, slips 17 pts; Realty index sheds 2%, IT 1%
Investors looked to lock in gains after the recent rally but most dips were bought into, which left indices unchanged at close.
The bulls and bears were caught in a fierce battle on Dalal Street, resulting in a volatile trade. Investors looked to lock in gains after recent rally and a subdued global market mood but most dips were bought into, which left indices unchanged at close.
The BSE Sensex lost only 17 points to end at 58,280. Meanwhile, NSE Nifty closed at 17,356, down 21 points. Both indices snapped their three-day winning streaks but did manage to hit new highs in intra-day deals (Sensex at 58,553 and Nifty at 17,437).
In the 30-pack Sensex, 12 stocks ended in the green and 18 in the red. Bharti Airtel, HDFC, IndusInd Bank and ITC, up between 1-3 per cent, were the top gainers. Tech Mahindra, Sun Pharma, Axis Bank and HCL Tech on the other hand were the worst losers.
Broader markets underperformed the benchmark Sensex. The BSE Midcap index lost 0.23 per cent and BSE Smallcap 0.42 per cent, snapping their 10 day bull run.
Sectorally, only Nifty FMCG, Media and Financial Services sectors gained. Nifty Realty was the worst performing index, down 2.33 per cent. Nifty PSU Bank and IT lost over 1 per cent each. Volatility index or India VIX also eased 1 per cent to 14.9.