Nifty IT index ends 2.06% up. Top gainers: COMPANY LATEST PREV CLOSE GAIN() GAIN(%) HCL TECHNOLOGIES 1077.60 1049.15 28.45 2.71 TECH MAHINDRA 764.55 745.65 18.90 2.53 TCS 2099.75 2052.90 46.85 2.28 INFOSYS 732.30 717.13 15.17 2.12 MINDTREE 1121.10 1100.55 20.55 1.87
The benchmark indices settled lower on Tuesday amid a weakening rupee, which fell to its fresh record low for the third straight session earlier in the day. The S&P BSE Sensex ended at 38,158, down 155 points while the broader Nifty50 index settled at 11,520, down 62 points. The Indian currency slipped to a new record low of 71.50 per dollar in intra-day trade. It has declined 3.3 per cent in August and over 10 per cent so far in year-to-date, to emerge as the worst-performing currency in Asia. In individual stocks, banking shares such as HDFC Bank, State ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.