Sectoral trend (Image source: NSE)
The benchmark indices ended weak on Friday amid absence of major domestic and global cues. The Sensex and Nifty opened firm, with Nifty testing 10,600 levels. Both indices, however, trimmed gains as trade progressed. The Indian indices declined sharply in the last hour of trade with Nifty PSU bank index falling over 2 per cent. Among the major losers, Bank of Baroda lost over 3% while State Bank of India, IDBI and Syndicate Bank ended 2-3% lower in the banking segment. Punjab National Bank shed 1.5%. In other market news, global index provider MSCI has slammed ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.