Sectoral trend on NSE
The benchmark indices settled over 0.5 per cent lower on Wednesday even as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) kept the repo rate and reverse repo rate unchanged at 6.50 per cent and 6.25 per cent respectively, in its bi-monthly monetary policy. The S&P BSE Sensex ended at 35,884, down 250 points or 0.7 per cent, while the broader Nifty50 index settled at 10,783, down 87 points or 0.8 per cent. Among sectors, the Nifty Metal index settled 3.7 per cent lower weighed by Jindal Steel and Power Hindalco and Tata Steel. Nifty Auto index, too, slipped ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.