Shares of information technology (IT) companies were in focus in the early morning trade on Wednesday with the Nifty IT index gaining 3 per cent amid counting of votes in the crucial US presidential election. According to the latest trend, Democratic candidate Joe Biden has secured 209 electoral votes so far, while Donald Trump has won 118. A candidate needs to win 270 electoral votes to capture the presidency.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, November 04 2020. 10:00 IST