In any industry, the rights of the buyer must be protected. In case of the financial services industry, especially for businesses that deal with retail money, investor protection becomes paramount. Inarguably, having your ‘skin in the game’ or ‘putting your money where your mouth is’ has proved to be an effective tool in increasing accountability and ensuring that the intent of investment professionals is well-aligned with those of investors. To that extent, the recent Sebi circular is on point - in spirit and intent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.