The benchmark indices rose sharply for the second session in a row on Monday, led by gains in financial stocks, which have a significant weighting in the indices. Experts said amid positive global cues, investors resorted to aggressive buying of banking and financial stocks, following a sharp fall in these stocks in the past month. Most global markets rallied sharply on Monday after positive Chinese industrial data boosted investor sentiment. The Sensex closed at 37,982, a gain of 593 points, or 1.6 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!