Big Brazilian ethanol companies could look to India for investments in the medium to long term, provided the country has a stable, predictable, and clear policy for the sector, says Eduardo Leão de Sousa, executive director of UNICA, Brazil’s domestic sugarcane association. In an interview with Sanjeeb Mukherjee, Sousa says that by focusing on ethanol, the country could tide over the problem of sugar surplus and subsidised exports. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, January 24 2020. 01:04 IST