- Poonawalla Fincorp surges 20% post March quarter results
- Greaves Cotton zooms 11% as company's E-Mobility biz turns profitable in Q4
- SBI Q4 result: Profit rises 41% to Rs 9,113 cr; Rs 7.10-dividend announced
- Coforge, Mindtree: Tech charts show short-term rebound in mid-cap IT stocks
- Tata Motors: Investors cheer long-term growth outlook despite muted Q4
- HDFC AMC hits new 52-week low on MSCI exclusion; stock down 18% in a month
- LIC IPO: Govt raises Rs 20,560 crore as firm sets issue price at Rs 949
- Indus Towers hits 52-week low as stock turns ex date for interim dividend
- Equities, cryptos, metals: Most asset classes gave negative return in 2022
- LIC IPO issue price set at Rs 949; may get listed on Tuesday: Report
Sensex falls 992 pts from day's high, ends 137 pts down; SBI sheds 5%
CLOSING BELL: SBI was the biggest laggard on the index, down nearly 5 per cent, as the lender's Q4 missed Street's estimates
Stock market highlights: Fag-end selling engulfed the markets on Friday as investors booked profit in banks and metal stocks. With this, the markets ended lower for the sixth straight day despite upbeat global mood.
The S&P BSE Sensex slumped 992 points from the day's high to end at 52,794, down 137 points or 0.26 per cent. SBI was the biggest laggard on the index, down nearly 5 per cent, as the lender's Q4 missed Street's estimates. READ MORE
NTPC, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Airtel, HDFC twins, and Bajaj twins were the other draggers.
On the NSE, the Nifty50 shut shop at 15,782, down 26 points or 0.16 per cent, after hitting an intra-day high of 16,084. Meanwhile, in the broader market, the BSE SmallCap index added over 1.3 per cent and the BSE MidCap index gained 0.6 per cent.
Sectorally, the Nifty Metal index fell 2 per cent, followed by the Nifty Bank index (down over 1 per cent). On the upside, the Nifty Auto index gained 2.5 per cent led by Tata Motors. Shares of the Tata Group company settled over 8 per cent higher as investors cheered the company's long-term growth prospects. READ MORE
Primary market update (as of 3:30 PM)
Delhivery IPO: Issue subscribed 1.5 times so far on final day with QIB portion at 2.6x; NII at 5 per cent; retail at 54 per cent; and employees at 25 per cent.
Venus Pipes and Tubes: Issue subscribed 14.4 times so far with retail portion at 17.7 times; NIi at 14 times; and QIB at 8.8 times.